Friday, December 30, 2011

a year in review: oldies but goodies edition.

Like I said yesterday, my Best Albums of the Year lists are usually an inaccurate representation of what I actually listened to all year. I'm so behind the curve that I generally don't listen to anything from the current year till December, when I start thinking about what I'm going to put on my Best Albums list. (Because I know how much everyone looks forward to this annual drop-in-the-bucket exercise in artistic navel-gazery. I do it for you, faithful readers.) So I thought this year I'd also do a Best Albums of the Year: Non New Releases list.

The National--High Violet



Bob Dylan--all of him (unusual, I know.)



Billy Joel--Greatest Hits



Rufus Wainwright--Want One



Elton John--Greatest Hits



The Magnetic Fields--Get Lost



The Strokes--Room on Fire



David Bowie--Ziggy Stardust



Aimee Mann--entire blessed discography



A.C. Newman--Get Guilty



The more things change, the more they stay the same. At least where my iPod is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment