Thursday, December 20, 2012

albums to adore, 2012 edition.

As usual, I probably listened to more old music than new this year. Be that as it may, here are the records that actually came out in 2012 that pretty well made my life worth living. As always this list contains equal parts Sad Bastard Love Songs and Blow The Roof Off Rock, because those are my two speeds.

Scrappy Happinesss, Joel Plaskett Emergency. (Duh.)



Stay Young, Young Rival. (Because it's only nepotism if your brother's band is shitty and undeserving, and my brother's band is ANYTHING but shitty and undeserving.)



Shut Down the Streets, A.C. Newman.



Voyageur, Kathleen Edwards. (Because, FEELINGS.)



Celebration Rock, Japandroids.



Busting Visions, Zeus.




Babel, Mumford and Sons. (I Will Wait is not my favourite song on the album, not by a long shot, but it's the only non-iPhone video available on Youtube.)




The Carpenter, Avett Brothers.



Bloom, Beach House.



Port of Morrow, The Shins. (To be honest, I was hit and miss on this album, but love 40 Mark Strasse so friggin' much that it made the cut.)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete